Four Day System Assessment
Lynx Systems' four day system assessment focuses on your current asset and property management systems: the major transactional processes that the company relies upon every day. Our senior consultants perform an onsite, in-depth evaluation on how effectively your company and staff are using the existing accounting system. Our findings will provide you with various alternatives for improvement, providing incremental and cost effective steps towards your optimal solution.
At Lynx, we are dedicated to working with you as part of your team. The Four Day Assessment is tailored to address your company's major concerns and may include the following steps and components:
- Conduct team meetings with key personnel to identify general problem areas, identify how systems are currently being used and identify major priorities;
- Meet with individuals to assess skill levels and training requirements;
- Identify what processes such as CAM Recoveries are still completed outside the core accounting system;
- Review all of the internal and external reporting packages to determine if any new or existing reports need to be created or modified;
- Identify customizations required to capture and report critical data needed for decision making;
- Identify where workflow processes could be enhanced;
- Identify various alternatives available for consideration including, "tweaks", upgrades, and/or replacement;
- Provide feedback on the general costs, and pros and cons of the various alternatives.
- A final management work session will be included to present and discuss the analysis. The conclusions and recommendations will provide you with the necessary framework to proceed with your present and future needs.
Some Important Insights:
Based on our extensive experience of working with all of the major systems over the past thirty years, we have found that no matter what system you are working with, there is always room for improvement. Staff may need additional training, some functional features may not be used and very often, a large part of the reporting function and several key processes may be supported by Microsoft Excel and Word. Our objective is to identify and recommend what needs to be done to ensure that the software system is as effective as possible.